- US Dept. of Education Issues Clarification Statement on Services for Children with ASD | download - 8/13/15
- ACOTE Issues Statement on Entry-level Degrees for OT and OTA | download - 8/13/15
- Anthem to Implement a New Prior Authorization Program | download - 8/13/15
- Little Hoover Commission Report on Mental Health Service Act | download - 2/2/15
- Medicaid and CHIP FAQs: Services to Address Autism | download - 9/29/14
- Therapies for Children with Autism Spectrum Disorder: Behavioral Interventions Update | download - 8/7/14
- JOIN THE AOTA & APTA CPT® CODE PILOT PROGRAM AT USC IN LA on 8/18/2014 | download - 8/5/14
- The Department of Health Care Services (DHCS) is beginning our stakeholder process for the 1115 Waiver renewal. The existing Bridge to Reform 1115 Waiver expires on October 31, 2015, and DHCS intends to seek a renewal of the Waiver. We are targeting early 2015 to submit the Waiver renewal. As a kick-off to this process, DHCS has developed the attached paper of initial potential concepts and ideas for the next Waiver. We are seeking input on these concepts and other ideas from stakeholders. We will be holding a webinar on Friday, July 25 at 2 p.m. to discuss this paper and the upcoming stakeholder process. Registration information will be posted on the DHCS website early next week. We will also be establishing an email inbox that we will share with stakeholders to receive written comments. | download - 7/22/14
- UC Davis MIND Institute study finds association between maternal exposure to agricultural pesticides, autism in offspring | download - 6/23/14
- AOTA Announces New Habilitative Services Fact Sheet | download - 6/11/14
- OTAC Legislative Bill Activity | SB 1176 Support | SB 1046 Support | AB 2127 Support - 05/02/2014
- Senate Committee on Autism Hearing – March 4, 2014 | Announcement - 02/20/2014
- Looking for VETERANS for a HABITAT FOR HUMANITY Retrofitting Day | flyer - 01/21/2014
- Mental Health Services Act Workforce Education and Training Five-Year Plan 2014 – 2019 - 01/14/2014
- OTAC Works for You! -Attached is a sampling of some of the activities OTAC leaders engaged in over the lastcouple of months on behalf of the membership and the profession.
- DWC Issues Notice of Public Hearing to Revise the RBRVS Physician Fee Schedule
The Division of Workers’ Compensation (DWC) has issued a notice of public hearing to revise the recently adopted resource-based relative value scale (RBRVS) based physician fee schedule. The public hearing has been scheduled for 10 a.m., December 12, in Room 1 of the Elihu Harris Building, 1515 Clay Street, Oakland, CA 94612. Members of the public may also submit written comment on the regulations until 5 p.m. that day.
The RBRVS based physician fee schedule regulations (Title 8, Code of Regulations, Sections 9789.12.1, et seq.) were adopted by the Acting Administrative Director, and filed with the Secretary of State on September 24, 2013, and will be effective January 1, 2014. The proposed amendment to the RBRVS based physician fee schedule regulations eliminates use of the Federal Office of Workers’ Compensation Program relative value units set forth in Sections 9789.12.3 and 9789.19.
The notice and text of the regulations can be found on the proposed regulations page. - 11/13/2013
- Feedback Requested on Workforce Education Training/Mental Health - November 14, 2013. In May 2013 the Office of Statewide Health Planning and Development (OSHPD) engaged you in a focus group specific to obtain feedback on mental health Workforce Education and Training (WET) needs and strategies to include in the WET Five-Year Plan OSHPD is charged with developing. The WET Five-Year plan provides a framework on strategies state, local government, community partners, education, and other stakeholders can enact to further public mental health workforce, education, and training efforts from 2014-2019.
- The Three “E’s” of Healthcare Consumerism: Empathy, Engagement, Empowerment | download - 10/3/2013
- ICD-10 Drop-in Articles - Small Provider Practice, Action Steps for Payer, Impact Assesment, Internal Testing - 9/17/2013
- CMS (Medicare) announced the successful completion of Segment 1 Part A implementation from Palmetto to Noridian the weekend of August 24, 2013. | access announcement - 9/13/2013
- WHAT HOME HEALTH SERVICES DOES MEDICARE COVER? | access announcement - 9/13/2013
- US Dept of Health and Human Services - Call for comments on its new strategic plan (due by October 15, 2013) - 9/9/2013
Every 4 years, HHS updates its strategic plan, which describes its work to address complex, multifaceted, and ever-evolving health and human service issues, including:
- Health Care
- Research and Innovation
- Prevention and Wellness
Submit your comments online here, or several other ways.
- Fax: (202) 690-8252
- U.S. Mail
- Steinberg Announces Proposal to Reach Prison Accord & Resolve Prison Overcrowding Crisis | access announcement - 8/29/2013
- Medi-Cal Cuts Start Next Month, state says | access article - 8/26/2013
- US Senate Finance Committee Requests Feedback on Mental Health Services - Respond by 9/30/13 | access letter 8/26/2013
- Joint Commission Letter | Proposed Requirements for Advanced Comprehensive Stroke Centers Certification Program - 8/26/2013